Eating Cabbage Brings Luck? - 20 Valentine's Day Superstitions
Let's put a little bit of a lighter tone on this blog - Valentine's Day! Well, Valentine's Day superstitions, that is. Much like any other Holiday that exists, Valentine's Day is no stranger to superstitions. Most of magical beliefs surrounding this holiday are centered around love. So, if you are interested in finding out who will your future spouse will be or what your current partner truly thinks of you, check out the list bellow. Also, keep in mind these are just superstitions and purely for fun!
VALENTINE'S DAY SUPERSTITIONS
01. To be awoken by a kiss on Valentine's Day brings you good luck!
02. The very first man or woman's name you read or hear on Valentine's Day will be the name of the person you will marry.
03. Write down the names of your sweethearts on pieces of paper, attach them to clay balls and than drop the balls into water. The first name that surface is the name of your future husband.
04. If you find one glove on the sidewalk on Valentine's Day, the other missing glove is at your future husband.
05. But an apple in half on Valentine's Day. The number of seeds indicates how many children you will have.
06. Think of five or six names for possible suitors. Recite these names while twisting the stem of an apple. The name you recited in the moment when the stem broke is the name of your eventual spouse.
07. If you sleep with a sprig of rosemary inside the pillow on Valentine's Day eve, you will dream the face of your future spouse.
08. In order to have a long life, you have to eat noodles on Valentine's Day without a strand breaking.
09. Eating cabbage on Valentine's Day brings you luck and fortune.
10. If you see a dove on Valentine' day, you will have a happy marriage.
11. If you see an owl on Valentine's day, you will never marry.
12. If you see a goldfinch on Valentine's Day, you will marry a millionaire.
13. If you see a squirrel on Valentine's Day, you will marry a cheapskate.
14. If you see a robin on Valentine's Day, you will marry a sailor.
15. If you see a sparrow, you will marry poor man and be very happy.
16. If you receive red roses on Valentine's Day, he/she loves you.
17. If you receive yellow roses on Valentine's Day, he/she is jealous.
18. If you receive a cactus plant on Valentine's Day, an argument might follow.
19. If you receive a clothing as a gift on Valentine's Day, you have to keep the clothes if you want to marry the person who gave it to you.
20. If you receive a key as a gift on Valentine's Day, it means that they want you to unlock their heart.
Thanks for a read!